IND vs PAK: Will India vs Pakistan match be scrapped? Worrying weather update comes ahead of high-voltage WC T20 clash

0
8
Babar Azam and Rohit Sharma


The much-awaited clash between India and Pakistan at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in New York is apparently under huge threat of being washed away due to rain.

This successful match is scheduled to take place on June 9 at the Nassau County Stadium, New York, starting at 8:00 pm (IST). It would have been the first time that the India vs Pakistan match took place in the US, but the weather forecast predicts a total failure.

In such a case, the ICC will have to bear heavy losses as the Indo-Pakistan standoff generates huge viewership.

Babar Azam and company. enter the clash with low morale

Be it on or off the field, India vs Pakistan is a clash that no one wants to miss, especially Indian fans. Pakistani fans may not want to watch the match this year as there is a feeling within Babar Azam and co. he won’t be able to come away with a victory. This sentiment was further fueled yesterday when co-hosts USA claimed a 5-wicket victory against the Men in Green.

Pakistan had a full playing XI at their disposal against ICC T20 World Cup debutants United States, led by Gujarat-born Monank Patel. After a chaotic batting performance that saw them score a target of 160, the Pakistanis had an even worse performance in the second innings with the ball.

What is the weather forecast for the India-Pakistan clash?

One news that none of the cricket fans around the world expected to receive is that the India vs Pakistan match on June 9 is about to be scrapped. Earlier in this T20 World Cup, the match between England and Scotland earlier this week was called off due to similar conditions and the same may happen when Rohit Sharma and Babar Azam’s team clash.

According to Accuweather, in the United States there is a 51% chance of rain starting at 11:00 a.m. in New York. The scheduled start time of the match is 10:30 but just half an hour later, the match could be interrupted due to incessant rain. A few hours later (at 3-4) the rain rate will decrease but will not stop.

Until 4 o’clock, there is a 50-60% chance of rain, after which it will drop to 30-40%. As it is a daytime match, the referees can wait until the afternoon for the match. But in case the rain does not stop and daylight turns into night light, the referees will have no choice but to suspend the match.

Last year, during the 50-over Asia Cup, the India vs Pakistan group match was abandoned after the first innings, while a reserve day was kept for their round of 16 encounter. Being an ICC event, having a reserve day seems unlikely and both teams could share 1 point each.

If that happens, Pakistan will suffer a lot as they will only have one point after 2 matches. India, on the other hand, will reach 3 points, heading into their third group match against the United States.